Tuesday, July 11, 2006

i don't want to work, i just want to bang on the drums all day

Last night I went over Boyd's to do the voice over.

Every time I go over there, he lets me play on his drumset. Last night, he put in the instructional dvd, and wouldn't you know, I'm a fast learner.

It started when I told Boyd to teach me the guitar. Then somehow the instructional drum dvd came out, and we started watching that, then it got to the tv next to the drum set, then I'm playing along, learning the drums.

I love it. There were some rythms that I was cursing the guy out, but for the most part, I got it, and I just need practice. There's this one beat I can't get yet, but I'm gonna work it out. Watch out world!

I wouldn't say I'm good, I wouldn't say I'm halfway decent, but Boyd said I picked up much faster than he did, and he doesn't BS so I'm glad.

HA! I'm a drummer!

b

No comments: