Wednesday, July 19, 2006

the hypocritcic oath

Truth
Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
And the truth shall set you free

But my favourite:

Truth is the foundation of all virtues.

I said that sunday to *'s nephew... along with this longass lecture (which I'm sure he'd heard a gadzillion times) about how he shouldn't have strayed from his mom at the festival. But the part that got me riled wa the part where a policeman asked for his name since he fit the description of a missing child, and he lied & said some other name. So my part of the lecture was mainly about how the man trusted him to tell the truth, and that because he didn't so many police officers were deployed to find him, and his family is still going crazy, when he could have ended the search much sooner.

Driving home it hit me. I felt like a total hypocrite, cause I hadn't told my mom about the summer classes. I've got to do that, soon. And the truth, not the cover half truth I was preparing.

sigh.

b

No comments: