Wednesday, June 29, 2005

day three and it happens

The Besu was right.

Three days in, and I got my first lunch date.
An officer stops me on my way to lunch to introduce himself and say, "I've never seen you around here before", and I said, "no, you haven't."
And he asks if I'm married (and I think, "well, don't we get right to the point" at the same time I'm thinking, "you're the detective, look at the finger!") and I say I'm not. He asks if I'm taken, and here I pause. I'm not taken, really, as in I don't have a boyfriend, and I'm not really looking for one, either, but in the 10 second conversation (we were walking in opposite directions), how do I convey all of that? So I said the best thing I could come up with:

"I'm on hold."

I think that that conveys everything I'm trying to say, doesn't it? It says, "I'm not free, but I'm not completely taken, either."

So I like that, "I'm on hold". It also could be interpreted as someone is interested in me, and I am interested in them so I'm not dating other people until I work that out. It could be interpreted as a lot of things, and none of them are "I'm free". So I think I'm okay.

But anyways, whenever I see him again in passing, we'll prolly make some lunch plans. I need/want to befriend as many cops as possible. Park Police Man is the only one I have so far, and he's really not much help when I call him. I feel like he's "little lady"-ing me, and I don't like that.

Well, at least I'll have a lunchbuddy next week or so.

Eh, whatever. Oddly, it doesn't make a difference one way or the other. It's funny. For the first time in my life, I believe that there's a thing as "just lunch". It's just lunch.

Seriously, something's changing in me ever since I got and stayed single. I really care less about men now. Not in a "I couldn't give a ___" way, but In a "eh, whatever" way. I love my friends, though. And I'm still suspicious of anyone who asks me out, but this cop guy seemed so genuine, like, "hey, never seen you before, wanna do lunch? But I gotta check to make sure your husband or boyfriend wont kill me first..."

eh, it's just lunch. whatever.

See? I did it again!

b

No comments: