Wednesday, August 17, 2005

10 things i hate about you

So this has been running through my mind, the scene where julia stiles reads the poem. i saw the movie years ago, and that scene and i think two more are the only ones i remember. But that poem has been on my mind, so i found it (well, the entire movie script) online at http://blake.prohosting.com/bamzone/tenthingsIhateaboutyou.txt. I post the cut & pate job below for your enjoyment.


KAT
I hate the way you talk to me/ and the
way you cut your hair/ I hate the way
you drive my car/ I hate it when you
stare.

She pauses, then continues

KAT
(continuing)
I hate your big dumb combat boots/ and
the way you read my mind/ I hate you so
much it makes me sick/ it even makes me
rhyme.

She takes a deep breath, and looks quickly at Patrick, who
stares at the floor.

KAT
(continuing)
I hate the way you're always right/ I
hate it when you lie/ I hate it when you
make me laugh/ even worse when you make
me cry/ I hate it that you're not
around/ and the fact that you didn't
call/ But mostly I hate the way I don '
t hate you/ not even close, not even a
little bit, not even any at all.

She looks directly at Patrick. He looks back this time.
The look they exchange says everything.

Then she walks out of the room The rest of the class remains
in stunned silence.


b

No comments: