Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sleep & Reflections

Okay. I am beyond exhausted. I've been sleepwalking the whole day through. Aurgh.

In other news, I've been contemplating stuff Trusty Best Friend said to me. Last night, when I found out the group would consist of Trusty Best Friend, Youngblood & myself, I was happy because I'd be the only girl, and I like being the only girl in the group. TBF picked up on that, and called me on it. I told him that I have enough estrogen to combat the testosterone in a any group of males. Also, I just can't hang with other girls. I never have, even from the days when they kicked me off the blacktop and I had to play kickball with the boys at recess. I've always been the only girl in the group.

They just want to do girly things, like talk about which guy is hot and makeup and clothes and hair and stuff. That's so external... I care more about what his interests are and who he is as a person and what his potential is. TBF made an observation that I can work with other girls, but only on a 1-1 ratio. I've also made this observation, but was interested in his perspective. He noted that all the girls from HS hate me because they're jealous.

I'm like, *jealous of what?* I'm freaking boring! Have they read the blog? There's nothing exciting going on over here. Anyways. I could accept that they are jealous if I could figure out what the F they're jealous OF.

Anyways, TBF & I have been talking about dating, and how women are like a game, and men are like the players. So, women are like Zelda, and Men are like Link. The player's objective is to conquer and advance levels, while ammassing points, skills, and trinkets which will aid him on his voyage; the game's objective is to limit the player with the introduction of obstacles, loops, and dead ends. Ultimately, the game wants to be conquered, but by someone who is worthy enough to get to the end. Conversely, the player doesn't want to play a game that isnt challenging or stimulating.

TBF is the best. He always manages to break stuff down for me in a language I'll understand.

I speak Metaphor and Analogy fluently.

To think, this all started when I asked him two days ago, "TBF, at what point does a man know he wants to pursue a relationship with another person?" His response shocked me:

"Guys know in the first three seconds."

That's such a shock to me! The way men tend to procrastinate around me, I figured that it just took them a long time to figure me out & decide if they wanted to hang out/go out with me or not. I was all thinking I was mysterious. Jeez.

I love it when TBF busts my ego-bubble. I learn so much about other people.
TBF also gave me some pointers on the new potential guy in my life. TBF basically said to not get my hopes up; that I shouldn't take anything seriously.

Which is good. TBF reinforced what gemini banafsheh was thinking.

First three seconds, eh?

b

1 comment:

TTD said...

Females tend to be jealous of other females that mesh well w/ males. They're not really jealous of you per say, but of the fact that you have a good relationship w/ a guy that they probably want to be w/ and they don't know the extent of your relationship w/ the guy. Or if they do know the extent, they're jealouse b/c they don't/can't have that closeness w/ the guy.