Tuesday, July 26, 2005

...and I go under

There's something hypnotic and calming about:

(Musicians)
A singer with a sole guitar (I prefer acoustic) or piano as accompaniment.

(Music)
A solitary piano.
A lone violin.
A sole cello.

There's something about that...
That completely mesmerizes me and brings me down to a place where I can function emotionally.

Now, you can analyse me and make the "wow, that's a whole lot of lonely in that post, there", but I don't care. I've always loved them. They're so... intimate, so... naked. So stripped, so... raw.

It's as if the music that stems from a lone instrument, or a singer/poet/performer with a single instrument... the more basic it is, the more it feels like the person is saying to me, "here I am. As I am. This is all I am. And all I am, I give to you. Love me, because I love you." And I know they love me, because they're sharing themselves with me.

And that is the most beautiful thing there is on the planet. To be able to share yourself with another person.

And when its stripped like that... it's just me and them... and their voice, and their message.

Maybe that's why I love acoustic & unplugged sets so much.

Who knows when it comes to me. I don't even friggin know.

b

No comments: