Monday, July 04, 2005

Dream Weaver

Happy 4th of July, everyone.

So, Trusty Best Friend, Youngblood and I went to the Mall. Unbeknownst to us, there was a Folk Life Festival in full swing. So, we naturally migrated towards the large banner that read, "Free Feast", courtesy of the Hare Krishnas.

It consisted of a plate of flavored rice krispies, pasta salad, and a peanut chocolate square, which looked like a piece of meat. I ate the pasta salad, and gave Youngblood the chocolate square.

The Hare Krishna setup made me laugh. They had some good music & dance presentations though.

Then we went to NMAI, which was alright, and not quite what I expected. Then we went to Air & Space, and then to NatHist, where we watched a horrible IMAX movie... Dinosaurs in 3-D. Which made Youngblood and I sick, only Youngblood was already ill anyways, so the 3-D didn't help.

Then we passed an evangelical booth that was giving out water & brownies. You had to take a test of two questions. There, I found out that I was going straight to hell when I die. I'm kinda sore that I didn't get my brownie. Maybe they only give the brownies to people who are going to Heaven. At least, they could have given me the water. That'll come in handy in Hell.

Then we went to sit on The Mall. Youngblood says he's not feeling well & leaves to go home. I got so bored that I decided to channel my Cherokee Ancestors & weave the crabgrass into baskets, which I've never done before. Then this kid approaches me and asks me what I'm doing. So I show him, and he's actually interested in it, so I start him off on one, as does Trusty Best Friend. Then, more kids ask me what I'm doing, and I tell them. So then we look over to KidOne, who is REALLY working hard at making his basket. Then he'd given the other starter basket to his sister. His mom catches my eye & mouths, "thank you". It was cool, bonding with some random kid who was interested in weaving a basket out of the crabgrass on the Mall.

I still have the basket I made.

No comments: