Saturday, January 21, 2006

when coincidences attack

So I was talking (via aim, how else?) to DateFinder (who needs a new name, I think he's outgrowing that one... yay!), and he asked me how I handle social situations. So I told him that if I know people there, I engage in conversations, and if I know no one, it helps to know a little about everything, so that I can carry my own weight in an intelligent conversation should the occasion ever arise.

Then, something tickled my curiosity for a completely different reason, and being the Taurus/Geminii Cusp child that I am, I checked both horoscopes. I like checking them at the end of the day for validity purposes.

Anyways, here's the Gemini one for today:

"If anyone can mingle, it's you. You can chat with anyone about anything, mostly because you know just enough about almost anything to carry on a convincing conversation. You'll be especially believable now, so if you're out with friends and you know that the person you've been introduced to thinks that you're a doctor, a scientist or an author because of the vocabulary you're flinging around, have some fun with it -- temporarily. Ever hear of 'Six Degrees of Separation?'"

Now, a friend of mine from Ohio is in town this weekend, and he's been trying to get me to go to the DC Center on Sundays, since he goes when he's here, but I never go because it has too much history for me. But, today I decided to go tomorrow, since I hardly ever get out the house & do anything like that. I figured, I'd meet new people, which is always good, get out the house (even better), see & catch up with him... so okay. I bit the bullet & agreed to go. He kinda roped me into it, but that's okay. The Gemini horoscope said:

"Go ahead and accept a dare. Your impatience with all this endless conjecture leads you to strike out on your own and actually put your money where your mouth is. Your results will be spectacular."

So I'm going to have a good tomorrow.

The Taurus horoscope said:

"If you're single, you're due for quite the bumpy ride, as Bette Davis once said. The last person on earth you'd ever have expected to reveal secret feelings to you will be the first one who'll do it. Of course, you've been trying to tell yourself that those feelings you were having were wrong, but at this point, you need to buckle down and admit that it's true. But if you think about it, how could you possibly blame them?"

Who the heck has a crush on me? Especially who that I have a crush on back? I already buried my friendship with HeWhoShallRemainNamelessUntilIGetOverWhatHappened...

hrm. Unless FirstLove aims me & lays down the law, I'm stumped on that one.

It also said:

"Increase your exposure to art and you'll discover a pattern that reflects your life."

Now, I'm all for that!

b

No comments: