Saturday, January 28, 2006

this is the dog that chased the cat that ate the mouse...

So, I'm at work, and I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do for class. I'm still miffed that I have supplemental material that's supposed to help me with my three page assignment that's due on tuesday, and that I need a mythology book, a latin book, and a french-english/english-french dictionary to complete the secondary assignment which helps us firure out the primary assignment that's due on wednesday.

I also still have no idea where my tuesday night class is.

Finally talked to cuteguy on the phone. That was nice.

Mom's bday went well. We watched Bride & Prejudice, and it was funny, although I (as usual) found parts funny that I don't think I was intended to, but anyways I guess the moral of the story is "No Life Without Wife".

So the kid mom tutors won a bookmark contest... let me rephrase that. A kid my mom tutors goes to a school where they have a bookmark contest. I drew the bookmark for him. He colored it in. His name is on it, so he won. But I WON. So, after years of doodling, I AM AN AWARD WINNING ILLUSTRATOR, DAMNIT! My bookmark poster will be turned into a bookmark for bookworms generations to come.

I RULE, DAMNIT.

Then I felt really guilty, cause I remember when Cire Doowllams told me he hated that I always won back in high school...

Backstory:

Cire and I have been going to the same schools since 2nd grade. Elementary school, Middle School & High School. Now, in Elementary school, they used to have these contests all the time, where we'd make posters. Cire would do these elaborate ink drawings of centaurs and men with horns and blood, which were always too good for words. I would (or rather my mom would basically pull a Mr. Porter on me, and do the assignment which she insisted I botched while I would give up & go to sleep) end up with a world peace poster that would win.

Cire hated me.

Rather, he hated that my world peace, diversity-centric color pencil creations always won.

So, remembering this, I called him when I found out that I won the prize (which I was sad about and proud of, since I proved to myself that I could actually draw) & told him about it. Then he called me evil for never admitting it before.

We're going out soon for a round of drinks.

b

No comments: