Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This used to make me hate her

Now, it just cracks me up.

I get home after an exhausting day, and take an hour-long nap. When I wake, I go for some Total. Grab a bowl, pour the flakes and... what's this? The Total has been MIXED with the cereal I WILL NOT TOUCH (some crap with clusters). I say, "what's this?" Mom replies, "it's the cereal", and she points to a random spot on the box like "see? that matte reflection of the light off the box is the cluster in your bowl!"

I fall for it not.

So I stand there, sifting through the entire box & taking all the clusters out. I know she's mad, but I'm not that dumb! I KNOW what total looks like. and it's not like it's all "new! with clusters!" on the box. Did she really think I wouldn't notice?

Then we eat dinner, and I finally turn to her & say, "I appreciate your attempt to mix the cereals, but I fixed it. It was cute, though."

I mean... come on.

At least she didn't deny it that time.

No comments: