Thursday, January 19, 2006

As promised

And now, as promised, what happened Wednesday night.

Nothing. Nothing at all. What did you think, that I'd have something juicy for you?

I went to help ParkPoliceMan with a project. Here's some background:

Saturday:
He asked me if i'd ever written a proposal, to which i said, "i'm an english major", to which he replied, "have you ever written a proposal?"

...

Then I launched into questions as to what type of proposal, who the audience was, etc. So he, wide eyed as if he'd never seen me before, says, "can you help me?" to which I respond "sure, but I won't write it for you" Then he got hungry, and left to get something to eat, during which time I started to write him an outline of his proposal, with blanks that he could fill in with information.

By the time he got back, I'd written the entire first page for him.

So of course I had to finish the whole thing, since there couldnt be a break in style. We made an appointment for wednesday (the only day our conflicting schedules had free for months) and he promised to buy me pants as payment.

FFWD to tonight, and I wrote it, at least a bigger chunk of it, and then went straight to Feast, where the stres of the workday, and running around to his house & trying to get home to pick up food for Feast and get there at a reasonable time wore me out so completely that I got such a headache I couldnt move. Really, it was scary.

But on the ParkPoliceMan note, nothing happened.

I'm still not sure if I should be happy about that, or not.

b

No comments: