Sunday, October 01, 2006

my friends are kenyan

Were it not for Ritah and Noel, I would be an absolute, emotional mess.

Thank you to Noel for reminding me that I have worth, and that if the person I love doesn't love me back, there are plenty of people who would step into that empty place in a heartbeat.

I just don't know what I was thinking. But I'll tell you one thing. I've learned my lesson. I learned it real good, too. Always pay attention to what the other party says and doesn't say. And whatever you think is going on, listen to what the man actually SAYS is going on.

Most importantly: If what he says is going on doesn't match how you feel about the situation, do something about it before it's too late and you're too hurt to function. If that means holding yourself back until you feel you have some control over what's going on, do it.

Ultimately: Pay attention & trust your instincts. If your instincts say that he's not being completely honest with you, either about your situation or about his feelings toward you, chances are you're right. Act accordingly.

Because in the end, whatever concerns or complaints you may have felt entitled to make are null & void when you realize the truth:

YOU ARE NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND.

2 comments:

City Love said...

I pity the fool who passes up a great thing...
Anyway, as my brother said... When did you stop being beautiful? You're magnetic. And if marjon wasn't rocking my world, you would be.

Prettylyf said...

so true...