Sunday, December 05, 2010

Dear every ex-boyfriend

I wouldn't say it's "you know" as much as "you receive constant and continued affirmations."

When he speaks, it's as though someone's taken my deepest, innermost, private thoughts and breathed life into them. My private aspirations and opinions, my deepest ruminings on the status of current local, national and global events and hit them with a neon light saying, "hey! pay attention! this is important!"

I have been waiting for this my whole life. I have waded through realtionship after relationship. I have bought into other people's visions of what I could be.

I mourned the termination of my last relationship.

The timing could not have been more perfect.

I *had* to break up when I did, so that I would be free to meet him. And, more importantly, free to be open to the possibility of him.

Dear every ex-boyfriend I've ever had,

Thank you. Thank you for making me the woman I am today. For proving again and again that you were not the one for me. Because of you, I know who is.

Most sincerely and with great thanks,

b

1 comment:

Jim said...

The cloud-sharing capabilities of the new version of Office 2007 including PowerPoint,Word, and the Excell Office 2010 Standard available through the SharePoint platform, and enhance employee collaboration efficiency.