Monday, November 13, 2006

the devil

credit cards are the devil.
I've had one, then (because I wasn't raised understanding money, the value of it, and wtf credit means) I ended up with debt. Not too much, considering what real people go through, but 200$ was a lot back then when I had a card I'd used twice, forgotten about cause I'd only used it twice & moved & didn't get the statements. 150$ of that was interest. At the time, I made less than 8$/hr & only got it b/c my dad suggested I make small purchases & pay them off rapidly to establish a line of credit. Decent suggestion, but I sucked at it.

Lesson learned. I vowed never to have a credit card again. If I can't afford it, I can't afford it. Plain & simple. MY finances are straight. My family's aren't.

And my family's are my responsibility.

So here we go again.

b

No comments: